[OpenWrt-Devel] Moving the mailing lists

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed May 23 14:45:59 EDT 2018

On Wed, 2018-05-23 at 17:24 +0200, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> > PS: Remove this annoying tag '[OpenWrt-Devel]' from subject. XXI century in
> > the world - all email clients already know how filters messages based on
> > List-Id header.
> >

> Not everyone, plus lede mailing list also had prefix on subject line.

Nevertheless, we shouldn't pander to the lowest common denominator.
Most people can manage to filter mail correctly, so we shouldn't
pollute the subject line just for the benefit of those who can't (be
bothered).

> But one thing that is a little anoying after the move is that for some mails I get same thing twice and I'm not sure why.

This message is sent to both lists; you might get it twice (actually
three times since you'll get a direct copy. But two copies in the
*list* folder, assuming you do filtering correctly.)

But the lede-dev@ address in the To: header ought to get rewritten to
opendev-devel@, meaning that no *subsequent* replies should end up
going to the list twice.

Testing...