[OpenWrt-Devel] Broken GPIO on MT7620 after commit 34ca34b32b02

Rosen Penev rosenp at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:33:38 EDT 2018

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 7:45 AM, Kristian Evensen
<kristian.evensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 4:33 PM, John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:
>> what exactly is the issue ? breaking compat means that rosen either needs to
>> fix the regression or we need to revert the patch.
>
> The issue I saw is that writing to GPIO has no effect. On my device
> (mt7620-based), I can control the power to the two mini-pcie slots by
> writing to /sys/class/gpio/power_pcie{1,2}/value. After the commit
> "ramips: mmc: Sync with
> staging driver", writing to these two files have no effect. I.e., I
> can no longer control the power.
Looks like it's this commit:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/drivers/staging/mt7621-mmc?h=next-20180517&id=b734735fcaca60e8f07b040cd8a700f6fabe5b39

Please try reverting. Unfortunately I don't have mt7620 hardware so I
can't test. Based on the comment, the issue should be fixed elsewhere.