[OpenWrt-Devel] [LEDE-DEV] 18.06 Status?

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca luizluca at gmail.com
Sat May 5 15:08:32 EDT 2018

> One characteristic from OpenWrt, different from other projects is the
> lack of a leader or a person who can gather others together, make some
> decisions or push for them to happen. If one doesn't like this title it
> can also be "Project Manager" or "Project Coordinator". This, in my
> view, makes a big difference for things to flow in time.

Maybe we just need someone to be the Release Coordinator, that can be
responsible for a single
release. John seems to be doing that job for this one.

ML info about 18.xx release is scarce. Maybe something was discussed
elsewhere (IRC, forum, in person)

I really thing that a time based release would work better without a
central project leader.
The "when" would already be set. The "what" is what was already commited.
It could even be automated. If something is not commited yet, just wait for
the next release.
If we could do it more often (6 or 8 months), it would not matter too much
if a feature was skipped.

I have pending patches both on maillist (improves backup) and github (fixes
easy-rsa) that I would like
to have them commited (or even rejected). Most (if not all) pending patches
on github (77) or patchwork (44)
is from developers without commit access. They are potential future
developers that will keep the project
alive. I'm not specific talking about my patches but it would be kind to
encourage new devs to have their work
considered, even to say "NAK".

Regards,
---