[OpenWrt-Devel] openvpn issues with 18.06-rc2 on ubnt-erx-sfp

Torbjorn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Fri Jul 27 09:13:00 EDT 2018

Hi

i got another issue related to my upgrade to 18.06-rc2.

there is something odd going on with openvpn.
first of all syslog contains "IP packet with unknown IP version=15 seen"
some searching indicates this is related to comp-lzo setting in openvpn.

i already have comp-lzo specified in the config file /etc/config/openvpn but
this appears to not make it all the way to the generated file.
so generated file under /var/etc/openvpn-vpnserver.conf does not contain
comp-lzo and that is likely why openvpn server complains with:

WARNING: 'comp-lzo' is present in remote config but missing in local config,
remote='comp-lzo'
when a client connects (there is also a warning about inconsistent link-mtu but
i suspect thats something else)

according to this page:
https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/DeprecatedOptions
comp-lzo a depreciated option and i suspect i should be using "compress lzo"
instead to make my openvpn 2.3 client happy.

so, how do i fix the comp-lzo setting?