[OpenWrt-Devel] Booting D-Link DNS-313, kernel requirements for OpenWRT?

Hans Ulli Kroll ulli.kroll at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 14 11:20:22 EST 2018

Hi Linus

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018, Linus Walleij wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 11:56 PM, Linus Walleij
> <linus.walleij at linaro.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 11:38 PM, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij at linaro.org> wrote:
> >> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 11:22 PM, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij at linaro.org> wrote:

[...]

> So this is libubox returning 4 EINTR (interrupted system
> call) from the uloop_process.
>
> waitpid() returns this while monitoring the process.
>
> I wonder why...
>
> I traced into the kernel and even checked that the
> binfmt_script parses and tries to execute the script
> using the right /bin/sh parser.
>
> It would be nice to be able to run strace here I guess.
> kernel syscall debugging?

I will check this issue my DLINK box and maybe on my IB 4220 if I have
time.
FWIW:
For the fotg210 OTG controller (*)

I have a (almost) full understanding which parts are changed from the
Farday IP.
For obvious speed reason they done the "usb gadget" work in the
boodloader. I can achieve about 30Mib/s in device mode, which is
impressive !

For tests it should be possible to (re)use the vbus pin as id pin, so I
can trigger the "internal" id pin in the syscon registers.

The otg controller driver need a complete rework, already started.

(*)
As with my first approach the HCD driver is upstream, so also the the
gadget driver.
Adding the otg driver without breaking existing hardware is a
challenging/fun/whatever work.

Greeting
Hans Ulli Kroll