[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC] stop accepting 4/32M board patches

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 17:14:28 EST 2018

On 22/12/18 09:38, Dana Myers wrote:
> On 12/20/2018 7:54 AM, Alberto Bursi wrote:
>> So no, the 4/32 warning should stay and remain loud and clear so
>> newbies won't be frustrated by low end devices.
>
> Not sure what "newbie" means in this context. Though I suppose the
> warning makes sense objectively.
>
> Cheers,
> Dana

In this case, with "newbies" I meant "everyone that does not know
OpenWrt enough to have figured out this limitation on their own".

Long-time users will usually have hit issues with their older hardware
and should be already aware of the limitations.

We had a similar moment, some years ago, in Attitude Adjustment release,
where it was the time where 16MB devices were on their way out.

-Alberto