[OpenWrt-Devel] Add support for kernel 4.19

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Sun Dec 9 09:57:54 EST 2018

Hi Daniel,

On 12/3/18 11:22 AM, Daniel Engberg wrote:
> Hi Hauke!
>
> First of all, great work and also thanks to the others who contributed!

Thanks for testing this Daniel,

The target code still needs some work, I only added this to test the
generic code.

> I gave this a try on my Orange Pi PC (Allwinner H3) and it seems to run
> fine overall. Ethernet TX is a bit slow (~65mbit using iperf3) while RX
> does full line speed (~94mbit) more or less and USB also seems to work
> as it should.

I used a Xunlong Orange Pi R1 (Allwinner H3) and got 94 Mbits/sec in RX
and TX on both LAN ports (Allwinner MAC and Realtek USB MAC).

> CONFIG_REGULATOR_SY8106A=y should probably be added to the kernel config
> as it's need to make cpufreq usable on this board.

Ok, I will add it.

> Looking at Armbian's repo we seem to lack a few kernel options which
> might be useful in regards of thermal performance/power consumption.
>
> CONFIG_ARM_CPUIDLE=y
> CONFIG_CPU_IDLE=y
> CONFIG_CPU_IDLE_MULTIPLE_DRIVERS=y
> CONFIG_CPU_IDLE_GOV_LADDER=y
> CONFIG_CPU_IDLE_GOV_MENU=y
> CONFIG_DT_IDLE_STATES=y

I think there are still some pull requests open where people want to
backport these features to 4.14, we should probably at least activate
them in the kernel where they are available.

> For those using A64/H5 the Armbian repo contains quite a bit of patches
> which might be worth looking at.
> https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/master/patch/kernel/sunxi-dev
> It should also be noted that they're using
> https://github.com/megous/linux instead of mainline but it seems close
> to mainline in general.

I think the non video parts are well supported in mainline by now, is
there something particular interesting this this repository?

Hauke