[OpenWrt-Devel] ar71xx Vs ath79 -- sysupgrade

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh henrique at nic.br
Fri Dec 7 04:56:42 EST 2018

Em 06/12/2018 18:18, Thomas Endt escreveu:
> I tried to include your comments while creating these two pages:
> https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/targets/ar71xx-ath79
> https://openwrt.org/unsupported/ath79_wip
>
> Please crosscheck.

It is perfect, thank you!

>>> There is a table that documents the ath79 status in the OpenWrt forum:
>>> https://forum.openwrt.org/t/ath79-target-status/18614/9
>
> Can I set all devices listed as "working" to "ar71xx-ath79 + no ath79 WIP"?

Probably yes, but I am not the best person to answer that question since
I have no idea of what level of ath79 support "working" implies.  That
said, as the native ath79 support and migration from ar71xx get tested
(or completed) for a device, they can lose the WIP tag, so I see no
problem with your suggestion...

I would not tag something that fails to boot with ethernet access still
working and configured after an ar71xx->ath79 migration as "ar71xx-ath79
WIP" unless one can add a "!beware!" sort of reminder to the listing,
though ;-)

--
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
Analista de Projetos