[OpenWrt-Devel] brcm2708: add kernel 4.14 support

Stijn Tintel stijn at linux-ipv6.be
Thu Dec 6 22:06:47 EST 2018

On 11/11/18 18:37, Stijn Tintel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just pushed support for the 4.14 kernel on the brcm2708 target to
> my staging tree [1], and would like to get some feedback before pushing
> it to master. It would also be nice if people could do runtime tests on
> bcm2709 and bcm2710, as I don't own such hardware.
>
> Thanks,
> Stijn
>
> [1]
> https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/stintel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/brcm2708-4_14

Updated [1]:
- based on 4.14.86
- split kmod changes in separate commits
- kept lan78xx patches except those that are superseded by upstream
changes, added another one that attempts to fix broken ethernet and
"kevent 4 may have been dropped" flood
- added missing compatible strings using upstream names for compute modules
- no longer removing the sense HAT patch, I might add kmod packages for
that later

Compile-tested all 3 subtargets again with CONFIG_ALL_KMODS=y, and
runtime-tested bcm2708 on RPi0W and bcm2710 on RPi3B+. The wired
interface on the latter seems to be usable now.

I'm planning to push this to master as soon as Koen pushed the 4.14.86
bump. If there are any objections, please speak up ASAP.

Thanks,
Stijn