[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC] stop accepting 4/32M board patches

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:38:58 EST 2018

On 05/12/2018 15:08, Carlos Ferreira wrote:
> I still have a bunch of Old Foneras and some TP-Link 703N and TL-MR11U
> battery powered micro-routers.
> The foneras are kinda useless, but the TP-Links are somewhat usefull
> and I still use them with OpenWRT.
>
> What other inexpensive routers would you sugest to substitute the ones
> from TP-Link I just cited?

I'll recommend GL.inet minirouters, AR150 (which is basically the same
SoC but with 16MB flash and 64MB ram) or MT300N, AR300M lite. Can be
found for 20$ or less and are all straight upgrades over the 703N while
keeping the same size, more ram/rom/ethernet ports, SD card slots and
PoE modules in some cases.

Their battery-powered minirouter has a mini pcie slot for a 4G modem,
but it's not inexpensive. It's around 60$ without the modem (or more
with a 4G modem installed) It's the GL-MiFi.

They use OpenWrt as base firmware, and have web interface in uboot for
firmware recovery.

https://www.gl-inet.com/

-Alberto