[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC] stop accepting 4/32M board patches

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Wed Dec 5 08:11:36 EST 2018

Mathias Kresin <dev at kresin.me> [2018-12-05 10:07:52]:

Hi,

> > IMHO it doesn't make much sense to waste resources (reviewer time, build
> > resources) for boards which will most likely never see an official build
> > and/or are more or less unusable with the official build.

I fully agree on dropping support for devices with 4M of flash memory.

> I wasn't that clear in my mail. I would like to stop accepting patches for
> boards with only 32 MByte of RAM _OR_ 4 MByte of flash.

Althought I personaly don't own 8/32M device, I can very well imagine, that
OpenWrt without LuCi is still somehow usable on such devices, so I'm wondering
what it would mean to retain support for such devices - maintainer(s) willing
to spend time on this devices, adding corresponding tiny targets?

Would it be possible to get some download stats for release/snapshot images,
so we can get some rough numbers about popularity of devices in the wild?

-- ynezz