[OpenWrt-Devel] ar71xx Vs ath79 -- sysupgrade

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh henrique at nic.br
Mon Dec 3 13:50:14 EST 2018

Em 03/12/2018 16:23, Petr Štetiar escreveu:
> On December 3, 2018 6:04:28 PM UTC, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <henrique at nic.br> wrote:
>> (openwrt-adm dropped from this subthread)
>>
>> Is there a viable way to "sysupgrade" from ar71xx to ath79?
>
> Have you tried it? It didn't work for you?
>
>> Even if it would require a model-by-model "update map" for the
>> lower-level stuff (LEDs, switch ports?, etc), that would be valuable.
>> Otherwise, it will be difficult for people with fleets of ar71xx
>> devices
>> to remotely switch them to ath79...
>
> It works out of the box for me if the ar71xx board name matches the one in ath79 DTS (which isn't the case for example for Nanostation, but I'll send the patch to fix that), otherwise you just need to use force flag in sysupgrade (if you know what you're doing) and it should work.

Apparently I was working on outdated information (likely from the early
days of ath79).  Likely I got it from the ML archive or an older forum
post.  Sorry about the noise (and happy it is supposed to just work!).

I will test the ar71xx->ath79 sysupgrade on the (few) models we have in
our lab, if any doesn't work on that particular model, I will try to
cook a patch.

Thanks!

--
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh