[OpenWrt-Devel] openwrt/packages: [RFC] Regarding preferences re: switch to codeload

Daniel F. Dickinson cshored at thecshore.com
Sun Aug 19 15:32:48 EDT 2018

On 2018-08-19 03:09 PM, Daniel F. Dickinson wrote:
> Since it's holiday season I will wait until after first full week of
> September to close https://github.com/openwrt/packages/issues/6748 which
> discusses this issue.
>
> I would like to say that impatience (and I'm badly guilty of this too),
> is a big part of the problem here and with the perceived
> maintainer problem with the packages feed, and/or the pushing of commits
> by non-maintainers.

Also due to objections with using the list for this discussion (and most
posting being on the issue) I'd suggest to move the discussion to the
ticket.  I admit I'm not particularly happy about the lack of a proper
discussion list for the packages feed (I don't consider GitHub Issues
very helpful in that regard although apparently others do).

Regards,

Daniel