[OpenWrt-Devel] automated hardware test setup

Alexander Couzens lynxis at fe80.eu
Mon Aug 13 14:24:49 EDT 2018

Hi,

I've won the prototype fund to work for the next 6 months on building
up an automated hardware testing infrastructure [0].

I'll use LAVA [1] for it. The rough idea is to bootstrap an
infrastructure for hw tests which also allow the community to
contribute.

Documentation is part of project which will cover the setup to
allow replicating the whole setup or parts of it.

It's possible to contribute to the setup by adding tests or
devices.

To get the project started, I'll start integrating 1 or 2 devices of
an architecture. While write test cases.
Later on I'll create a dashboard of the test cases and overview of
the tests. There should be even statistics over the performance of
the devices while OpenWrt develops, e.g: iperf or nat performance.

So far I've the following architectures in mind:
ar71xx/ath79
ramips
x86
lantiq

Feel free to give me feedback or test cases, you like to see.

Best,
lynxis

[0] (german) https://prototypefund.de/project/automatisches-hardware-testsystem-fuer-openwrt/
[1] (software) https://validation.linaro.org/
[2] (instance) https://lava.fe80.eu/
[3] (code) https://code.fe80.eu/openwrt-lava/
--
Alexander Couzens

mail: lynxis at fe80.eu
jabber: lynxis at fe80.eu
mobile: +4915123277221
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604