[OpenWrt-Devel] Desire to add a documentation section

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 16:35:26 EDT 2018

On 06/08/2018 22:07, Dave Turvene - Work wrote:
> Greetings -
>
> I cleaned up the documentation in
>
> https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/base-system/log.essentials
>
> as a prelude to adding a section on iptable logging rules.  The wiki
> source just has the following snippet:
> "pagequery>@:docs:guide-user:firewall:netfilter-iptables *"
>
> How do I go about adding a page under (git directory?)
> netfilter-iptables so I can document my iptable logging chains/rules?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Turvene

you can create the new page by writing the link to it in the browser and
then editing the page you land in.

For example this is a link to a page called "asdadasd"
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/automation/asdasdasd
Which does not exist yet. Click on the pencil button on the right to
edit/create it.

You can write the link however you like and it will land in the same
"there is no page yet" page and you will be able to create a page there.
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/automation/domoticz_another_page

The page made with that link will then appear automatically in the
"automation" category in other pages that show all pages from a specific
category, like here
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/automation/start

We actually discussed wiki plugins to let people add new pages with a more intuitive way here
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/lede-openwrt-wiki-merge/10861/108 but I didn't yet find the time to do that.

-Alberto