[OpenWrt-Devel] Boot Time Reduction

Koen Vandeputte koen.vandeputte at ncentric.com
Wed Apr 11 09:27:29 EDT 2018

1)
Your file shows awk is missing.
I would recommend adding it, as it's a common tool used by many scripts
this can cause nasty side effects.

2)
Which target device is this?
Some targets with small flash build the kernel for size iso speed by
default.

If you target is such one, you can run "make kernel_menuconfig" and
optimize the kernel build for speed. (->General Setup)
This should improve boot-up speed a bit (at least on my boards)

Koen