[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt -> LEDE git tree merge

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Sun Oct 22 14:46:10 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am working on merging the missing commits from the OpenWrt git
repository into the LEDE repository.

Here is a list of all non merge commits from the OpenWrt git repository
and their corresponding LEDE commit IDs:
https://github.com/hauke/openwrt-lede-merge/blob/master/commits.csv

I only looked into the non merge commits and assumed that commits with
the same title are the same, if this is wrong please point me to some
place where this causes problems.

I used this script to generate the csv table:
https://github.com/hauke/openwrt-lede-merge/blob/master/openwrt-merge.py

The bigger topics I see are:
* addition of SoCFPGA target with kernel 4.4 support
 * Will someone port this to kernel 4.9 or provide me with hardware so I
   can try to port this and test it?
* There are some commits without a Signed-off-by line, I will contact
  the authors.
* The realview target was removed from LEDE, but it got an update to
  kernel 4.4 in OpenWrt, how do we want to handle this? Does anyone need
  the realview target?

Hauke