[OpenWrt-Devel] Could rp-pppoe be broken?

David Fernandez david.fernandez.work at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 12 06:18:23 EDT 2017

Hi there,

I'm using LEDE at this commit: 47540afa5d84dbf019c4227eed758dbc4a4aa01b

When I try to use rp-pppoe for the pppoe-server, the pppd terminates
with "Modem Hangup" as soon as it is spawned by pppoe-server to attend a
PPPoE session.

I've noticed that /etc/ppp/connect-errors gets this:

sh: /usr/sbin/pppoe: not found

And indeed, there is no pppoe binary in the system, which I believe is
required and part of rp-pppoe.

Does anybody know if this has been fixed in some commit newer than mine?

Could anybody confirm if I should be picking stuff from OpenWRT now (if
LEDE has been merged)?

Regards

David.