[OpenWrt-Devel] MV88E6060 switch

Sergey Ryazanov ryazanov.s.a at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 11:53:40 EDT 2017

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Nerijus Baliunas
<nerijus at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:53:16 +0300 Sergey Ryazanov <ryazanov.s.a at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok. At least we know now that the switch functioning (even without a
>> dedicated driver). One question left: what happens to the Ethernet
>> driver?
>>
>> Can you boot your router in failsafe mode again, and try to toggle
>> eth0 down/up? E.g.:
>> # ifconfig eth0 down
>> # ifconfig eth0 up
>
> root@(none):/# ifconfig eth0 down
> [   42.063281] eth0: link down
> root@(none):/# ifconfig eth0 up
> [   49.665365] eth0: link up, speed 100 Mb/s, full duplex
> root@(none):/# ifconfig eth0 down
> [   62.063281] eth0: link down
> root@(none):/# ifconfig eth0 up
> [   68.295374] eth0: link up, speed 100 Mb/s, full duplex

A-ha! The interface survives the down/up circle but does not survive
the init procedure.

Try to completely avoid bridge usage, e.g.:
1. boot in normal mode
2. disable bridge usage on "lan":
    # uci delete network.lan.type
    # uci commit
3. reboot
4. after reboot is completed, check whether IP address has been
assigned to eth0.
5. ping

--
Sergey