[OpenWrt-Devel] How can I help TL-WR842N Hardware version 3 be merged into Chaos Calmer

Aaron Z aczlan+openwrt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 18:00:31 EST 2017

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 9:20 AM, Ronaldo Afonso
<ronaldo at ronaldoafonso.com.br> wrote:
>   Hi all,
>   What does it take for a commit to be merged into a stable branch?
>   The thing is ... I really would like to have TL-WR842N Hardware version 3
> running on CC. I noticed that this hardware is already working on trunk
> (master) since last year but not merged into CC yet.
>   How can I help that merge being done?
Unless it is a security fix (such as the recent Krack vunerability),
updates such as adding a new hardware build are not backported into a
stable release.
That platform should be there in the next stable release of OpenWrt
(presumably the first post-remerge release).
It will probbaly not be backported to CC, but it is currently
available in LEDE's 17.0.4 stable release (see:
https://lede-project.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_tl-wr842n_v3 for
links).
If you don't know, LEDE is a fork of OpenWrt which is in the process
of re-merging with OpenWrt. That is where most of the recent
development has happened.

Aaron Z
— Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love