[OpenWrt-Devel] Toolchain for armv7-ar?

Ajay Garg ajaygargnsit at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 05:09:44 EST 2017

Thanks Karl and Florin for the replies.

Ok, so the first thing I need to understand is OpenWRT is for building
linux(-like) systems (only) for routers .. thanks guys for this clearance.

Florin,

I'll tell you my usecase in a bit of detail.

* We have a framework, with openssl-client code written.
* We port our framework to multiple platforms/devices, and then link
libcrypto.a and libssl.a as and when required.

For the SOC with processor
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/microchip-technology/ATSAM4E8CA-AUR/ATSAM4E8CA-AURCT-ND/4140758,
everything has been done, but we are stuck on integrating openssl due to
being unable to build compatible libcrypto.a and libssl.a for the same.

I almost got things done by tweaking things with the "Freescale i.MX 6"
configuration, but failed when I added the -mthumb option.
Since then, I have been trying all sorts of things, to firstly build a
toolchain (in ubuntu-14.04 host) supporting -mthumb, and then compile
libcrypto.a and libssl.a for the same.

So, if there is a (existing/available) toolchain in openwrt that would
compile for armv7-a with -mthumb, I think all I need to do is go into
packages/libs/openssl, and fire "make -B". Kindly let know if something can
be done for the same.

Once again, thanks everyone for the help so far ... looking forward to
learning more from you experts..

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay

Ajay