[OpenWrt-Devel] Unable to connect with uqmi ("No effect")

Carlo Lobrano c.lobrano at gmail.com
Mon May 29 06:01:59 EDT 2017

Hello,

Hope this is the right place to ask for help and my apologies if it is not.

I'm testing uqmi with a Telit LE910 LTE modem on Ubuntu 16.10, but I'm
facing this weird issue.
Uqmi considers the modem connected from the very beginning, even if I
haven't run --start-network yet and even if I use --set-autoconnect
disabled first, and when I try to connect with a different APN it replies
with "no effect"

    $ sudo uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm1 --get-data-status
    "connected"
    $ sudo uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm1 --set-autoconnect disabled
    $ sudo uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm1 --get-data-status
    "connected"
    $ sudo uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm1 --start-network web.omnitel.it
 --autoconnect
    "No effect"

I think that reason is the default bearer established at the attach (since
it's LTE), but I'm not sure how to overcome this and any hints would be
very appreciated.

Best regards,
Carlo