[OpenWrt-Devel] USB or SD card not mounted in Omega2+ router with LEDE iamge

Felix Fietkau nbd at nbd.name
Thu Jun 1 04:14:17 EDT 2017

On 2017-05-31 21:58, Arun Kumar wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am facing an error where I can't find my USB or SD card and hence cant
> upgrade to a new image.
>
> SD Card or USB device plugged in would be usually automounted at
> /tmp/mounts
> But after sysupgrading to the latest LEDE image, the Omega2+ router
> detects the USB device getting plugged in but doesnt display anywhere.
> Not even in /dev/sdaX location.
>
> When I plugin a USB device, I get this message:
> [ 6382.201671] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using
> ehci-platform
Is kmod-usb-storage installed?

> Tried with both USB 1 and USB 2.0 devices. So tried to connect to Wifi
> and download new image. But iwconfig is not working.
>
> root at Omega-FB25:/# iwconfig
> /bin/ash: iwconfig: not found
>
> Note: This was working fine earlier and I did multiple image swaps
> between my personal built ones and official images. I upgraded image
> from Omega2+ image to LEDE image[1].
iwconfig is not part of the standard installation, you're not supposed
to use it to connect to networks anyway.
Changing /etc/config/wireless and using reload_config should be used
instead.
Please keep in mind that the wifi driver for mt7688 is still quite
buggy, so it won't work very well.
In latest snapshots it might work a bit better, but I don't think it's
stable yet.

- Felix