[OpenWrt-Devel] MV88E6060 switch

Sergey Ryazanov ryazanov.s.a at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 14:31:01 EDT 2017

Hello Nerijus,

Friday, July 21, 2017, 7:47:56 PM, you wrote:
> 2017-07-21 01:41, Sergey Ryazanov rašė:
>> You   should   disable   CONFIG_NET_DSA_MV88E6060   and   select  only
>> CONFIG_MVSWITCH_PHY=y  option.  This  two different drivers, the first
>> one is mainstream Linux driver, and the second one is OpenWRT specific
>> driver, which is mach more simple and small.

>>> I'll try.
>>
>> Yes,  use  the  latest version of LEDE, please, to avoid facing with
>> long-forgotten bugs.
>
> Tried the latest LEDE. Now I see in the boot log:
> [    6.507617] NPE-B: firmware's license can be found in
> /usr/share/doc/LICENSE.IPL
> [    6.515168] NPE-B: firmware functionality 0x2, revision 0x2:1
> [    6.523171] eth0: link up, speed 0 Mb/s, full duplex

Did  you  see  the  "Marvell  88E6060  PHY  driver attached" in kernel
messages   log?  If  not then the mwswitch driver did not attached and
you  should  fix  this  first.  And  only  then  go  to  the interface
configuration.

> and now I see RX and TX packets on eth0 (they were 0 before).

Did you try to use tcpdump to see what RXed by the interface?

> How do I configure vlan?

Skip  the  UCI and use interface configuration utilities. E.g. you can
create vlan interface with help of ip utility:
root at lede:~# ip link add link eth0 name eth0.1 type vlan id 1
root at lede:~# ip link add link eth0 name eth0.2 type vlan id 2

In  the  another  mail,  you asked do you need the swconfig utility or
not.  No  you  do  not  need swconfig to control this driver. mwswitch
looks like the last driver which do not have any control knobs. Almost
all  it  configuration  is  hardcoded inside the code. It just accepts
VLAN tagged frame from the upper layer and then use VLAD Id from it to
select  egress  port. And the VLANID<->Port mapping table is hardcoded
inside the driver.

--
Sergey