[OpenWrt-Devel] Custom build with reghack on trunk or any branch

Alexander Couzens lynxis at fe80.eu
Wed Jul 19 15:21:44 EDT 2017

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 10:50:23 -0400
"Jenny Cabrera Varona" <jenny.cabrera at reduc.edu.cu> wrote:

> I would like to buid my custom image for a zcn-1523h-2-8 device,
> doesn't matter if i need to use trunk or any branch, i already tried
> many times with this link [1] as arokh said but that path doesn't
> exist "openwrt/trunk/files/lib/wifi/" so i put my reghack.mips.elf
> file inside "openwrt/trunk/package/kernel/mac80211/files/lib/wifi/"
> path, but when i check my image, the reghack.mips.elf file doesn't
> exist, just "mac80211.sh" file it's there, i tried too with this
> script [2] and others changes in [3] but doesn't work again, i live
> in cuba country and i can use ham radio bands, i hope someone can
> help me to compile my custom image as i like.

Hi Jenny,

that's a nice project.

You have to create the folder openwrt/trunk/files/lib/wifi/ by yourself.
All files under $(OPENWRT_DIR)/files/ will be added to your image
including all directories.

The files under package/kernel/mac80211/files are part of the package
cfg80211. But you can not add more files to it by just placing them
into the directory. You also have to tell the build system what to do
with the files. Take a look into package/kernel/mac80211/Makefile line
1771.

Best,
lynxis
--
Alexander Couzens

mail: lynxis at fe80.eu
jabber: lynxis at fe80.eu
mobile: +4915123277221
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604