[OpenWrt-Devel] MV88E6060 switch

Sergey Ryazanov ryazanov.s.a at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 20:59:46 EDT 2017

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 5:29 PM, Nerijus Baliunas
<nerijus at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Linksys WRT300N v2.0 has Marvell 88e6060 switch. But ixp4xx arch does not have
> its driver enabled (ar71xx has it). I added CONFIG_NET_DSA_MV88E6060=m,
> but when I modprobe mv88e6060.ko, nothing happens. It seems driver does not hook
> on any hardware:

This happened because this driver is quite useless on their own. It
requires some assistance to properly detects switch IC either from
arch code via platform device data or via DTS.

Try to use OpenWRT/LEDE specific driver, which is used by ath25 and
ar7 platforms by enabling CONFIG_MVSWITCH_PHY option in the kernel.

--
Sergey