[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq DSL drivers / firmware info

Sylwester Petela sscapi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 14:10:44 EDT 2017

These are some findings that I've along with Mathias Kresin made quite
time ago (hardware part):

On F3 vs F1 near transformer was capacitor .022j630p (annex B) .027j630p
(annex A) You can check that as on most images I don't see its value. As
for differences between boards I'll check it tomorrow when I replace F3
with HH5 (need to flash it first).

After all in my case stats between F1 and F3 at annexA are ~0,5dB, upload
sync is bit higher compared to when I was on F1 and HH5 as far as I
checked, download is same.

W dniu 2015-10-06 o 19:22,  Mathias Kresin pisze:

> Hi Sylwester,
>
> the soldering on my HomeHub5a was done and I'm able to establish an
> Annex B ADSL connection with the device.
>
> The line stats are okay, but they do not match the values I had with
> the o2 Box 6431 before ripping of the Line Transformer. To confirm
> that nothing has changed with the phone line, I connected a VRX208
> based FritzBox (with the same xDSL Firmware Version) and I got the
> same values as with the o2 Box 6431.
>
> o2 Box 6431:
>
> Data Rate:                                Down: 17.296 Mb/s / Up:
> 1.180 Mb/s
> Line Attenuation (LATN):                  Down: 17.2dB / Up: 6.7dB
> Signal Attenuation (SATN):                Down: 15.9dB / Up: 6.6dB
> Noise Margin (SNR):                       Down: 6.0dB / Up: 12.3dB
> Aggregate Transmit Power(ACTATP):         Down: 18.2dB / Up: 11.1dB
> Max. Attainable Data Rate (ATTNDR):       Down: 17.284 Mb/s / Up:
> 1.392 Mb/s
>
> HomeHub 5a @ Annex B:
>
> Data Rate:                                Down: 16.889 Mb/s / Up:
> 1.180 Mb/s
> Line Attenuation (LATN):                  Down: 14.6dB / Up: 7.1dB
> Signal Attenuation (SATN):                Down: 13.4dB / Up: 7.1dB
> Noise Margin (SNR):                       Down: 6.3dB / Up: 12.5dB
> Aggregate Transmit Power(ACTATP):         Down: 18.2dB / Up: 12.6dB
> Max. Attainable Data Rate (ATTNDR):       Down: 17.016 Mb/s / Up:
> 1.356 Mb/s
>
> I had the impression that we still missed something. And yes, I was
> able to identify a few more different resistors (Line Transformer Pin
> counting is clockwise!):
>
> Annex A
>      Line Transformer Pin 6 -> 24,95 Ohm R left  -> empty solder pads
> -> VRX 208 Pin 37
>      Line Transformer Pin 7 -> 24,95 Ohm R right -> empty solder pads
> -> VRX 208 Pin 45
>
>      Line Transformer Pin 5 -> 68 Ohm R -> VRX 208 Pin 39
>      Line Transformer Pin 8 -> 68 Ohm R -> VRX 208 Pin 43
>
> Annex B
>      Line Transformer Pin 6 -> 10 Ohm R left  -> 68 Ohm R -> VRX 208
> Pin 37
>      Line Transformer Pin 7 -> 10 Ohm R right -> 68 Ohm R -> VRX 208
> Pin 45
>
>      Line Transformer Pin 5 -> 0 Ohm R (bridge) between VRX 208 Pin
> 39/43 -> 0 Ohm R (bridge) -> VRX 208 Pin 39
>      Line Transformer Pin 8 -> 0 Ohm R (bridge) between VRX 208 Pin
> 39/43 -> 0 Ohm R (bridge) -> VRX 208 Pin 43

What I see on F1, yes traces from inner pair of transformer goes through
49 ohm (between them) and then goes straight to (right resistor /cap
80/79pin) and somewhere else (cannot trace it) Outer pair goes straight
to ~70 ohm resistors each to somewhere under the vrx208 chip (need to
de-solder it to find out pins) and to (left/middle cap/resistor) 78/77
and 76/75.

> I used the following pictures for visualising and flowing the traces.
> The pictures are in the gimp format and have multiple layers:
>
> TD-W8980 - Annex A:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6qoeoy1a479yrz/tp-link_w8980v1.xcf?dl=0
> o2 Box 6431 - Annex B:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/jskzcnxvszdlraj/o2_6431.xcf?dl=0
>

> Can you confirm my findings with your devices?
>
> Do your line stats differ between your HH5 and your F3 at AnnexA as well?
>

> I could not yet identify all matching R's/solder pads on the HH5,
> since the HH5 board layout is way to different and hard to read. I'll
> try again later, when my eyes are rested.
>
> Mathias
As for F3 traces, I'll send You them tomorow.

Best Regards
Sylwester Petela
------End of QUOTE------