[OpenWrt-Devel] Data_Model_Structure_Proposal_for_OpenWRT

Sukru Senli sukru.senli at inteno.se
Wed Jan 11 08:45:36 EST 2017

Hi Lada,

Thank you for your feedback.

The initial goal of this proposal is presenting the idea of adopting a data model structure which addresses the issue 1 given in the proposal and then defining data models based on this structure which addresses issue 2 given in the proposal.

The JSON example given in the proposal was just to demonstrate an example how configuration properties and methods of an entity could be hosted in a single structure and how that structure could be used to generate UBUS objects.

If the idea is embraced by the community, the next step would be diving into the technical details such as should an OpenWrt specific data model structure be designed or should it be based on an existing data model language e.g YANG.

Looking forward to your further feedback as the topic moves forwards.

Regards,
Sukru