[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWRT: how to include byte-compile .pyc files into sysupgrade image?

Xuebing Wang xbing6 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 01:40:37 EST 2017

Hi Community and Alexandru:

I am using OpenWrt chaos_calmer for an Atheros based platform, we have a
complicated Python application which takes time to run.
- On the target board, I can "python -m compileall ." for Python
standard libraries in directories "/usr/lib/python2.7", and boot time
can improve significantly.

Would you please advise how can I change in files
feeds/packages/lang/python to byte-compile Python libraries and include
.pyc files in the sysupgrade image?

I am using below packages:
CONFIG_PACKAGE_python-base=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_python-light=y