[OpenWrt-Devel] WiFi client mode leaves router inaccessible if upstream network goes down

Nick Malyon nick at fishun.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 13:55:20 EST 2017

Luke, Karl,

Thanks for the slide switch workaround and explanation, I finally have a computer again so can try writing a button script.

Indeed very frustrating it won’t be fixed. I do think most users would expect their wifi access point not to suddenly disappear on them.

Two radios would indeed be a better option, just a shame you have to have this bad experience first to realise you should have packed one of several on your desk at home ;-)

Thanks all!
- Nick