[OpenWrt-Devel] [OpenWrt-Tickets] [OpenWrt] #20685: Weak Wi-Fi signal E1700 (MT7620A)

Toan Pham tpham3783 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 14:19:10 EST 2017

Hi,

I tested OpenWrt trunk version on the E1700 five months ago.  At that time,
openwrt (or the vendor) claimed that all of all ethernet ports are gibabit
ports (ref.  https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/linksys/linksys_e1700)
However, All four ports showed up as 100Mb, not Gbps ports, on Chaos Calmer
build.  Please let me know if you're experiencing the same thing, if so,
should we update Openwrt product spec webpage to reflect the actual link
speed?

I also found wifi on the e1700 hardware unbearable.  That's why I had to
revert back to OEM firmware.

TP