[OpenWrt-Devel] Need help with hostapd/wpad package compilation

Rahmadi Trimananda rtrimana at uci.edu
Fri Apr 7 10:42:25 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I am now trying to build my own wpad package that has a hostapd version
where "disable_dgaf" enabled. I took a look at the source code and I
realized that "CONFIG_HS20=y" is needed in hostapd-full.config and
wpa_supplicant-full.config to get this disable_dgaf option.

However when I tried to force install my new wpad package, it seems that I
am missing a few things.

Package: wpad
Version: 2015-03-25-1
Depends: libc, hostapd-common, libubus
802.1x/WPA/EAP/RADIUS
 Authenticator and Supplicant
Installed-Time: 1491495391

Apparently it's missing libnl-tiny there. Also, when I tried to rerun my
hostapd (wifi restart), I go the following erros:

Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf
Line 1: invalid/unknown driver 'nl80211'
Line 9: unknown configuration item 'ieee80211n'
Line 10: unknown configuration item 'ht_coex'
Line 11: unknown configuration item 'ht_capab'
4 errors found in configuration file '/var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf'
Failed to set up interface with /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf
Failed to initialize interface

Now with the new hostapd I am missing 4 options in the binary.

For this compilation, I took the source code from here: https://github.com/
openwrt/openwrt/tree/chaos_calmer
as I am using the Chaos Calmer OpenWrt (the latest version on GitHub).

Could anyone please help out? Thank you so much!

--
Kind regards,
Rahmadi Trimananda