[OpenWrt-Devel] [LEDE-DEV] RFC netifd: UCI parameter to sort name servers in resolv.conf.auto

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 14:07:53 EDT 2016

One other point about provider order in dnsmasq.

dnsmasq added long ago the facility (particularly for reverse lookups
on ipv6) to bind source addresses to destination dns servers. This
solves a portion of this problem. Stuff coming in from one ipv6
network gets dns lookups out the right network (I don't remember all
the syntax now, I can go look)

Openwrt/lede would need to get away from using resolv.conf to do this
stuff more right, which is ok by me since it isn't up to this job.