[OpenWrt-Devel] was the move to github complete/1:1?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Oct 28 06:01:51 EDT 2016

On Fri, 2016-10-28 at 09:54 +0300, Hannu Nyman wrote:

> The feed is correctly referenced as "oldpackages" in the BB feeds
> definitions:
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/barrier_breaker/feeds.conf.de
> fault

Yeah, I did notice that.

> In CC that "oldpackages" feed is commented out by default, in order
> to avoid
> the non-maintained packages being visible by default:
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/chaos_calmer/feeds.conf.defau
> lt
>
> You can uncomment oldpackages to get access to those packages in
> menuconfig,
> but nodoby knows if they still compile ok with the current CC.

But more (most) importantly, that feed, even though it was being built
for BB and available to opkg, is not being built for CC, right?  I
can't seem to find a built repo anywhere.

I guess I can use the OpenWrt-SDK to build one-off packages such as
this?  Currently I'm using the ImageBuilder to build my images.  I am
really hoping to avoid getting back on the build-from-source treadmill
again.

Cheers,
b.