[OpenWrt-Devel] Is it possible to share one MAC address for mulit ports of Linux bridge

Shuangfeng He huangya90 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 04:23:29 EST 2016

Hi All,

I am working on a project. There are multi ports(NICs) bridged to the Linux
LAN bridge. We want to use one MAC address for multi ports and bridge to
save MAC address.Is it possible? Actually, I have done some test and it
seems OK. But I am not sure if there are some potential issues that I don't
know. For example, is there performance issue? I know Linux bridge address
learning should avoid flooding,but I still want you can share your opinions
in case I am wrong. Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Shuangfeng He