[OpenWrt-Devel] [LEDE-DEV] OpenWrt / LEDE

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed May 25 04:10:17 EDT 2016

Zoltan HERPAI <wigyori at uid0.hu> writes:
>> On 05/24/2016 10:31 PM, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
>>
>> This is my personal opinion and this was not somehow internally planned
>> with other LEDE people.
>
> If I start a discussion about my employer-related topics along a beer
> with a couple friends, that's a private discussion with personal
> opinions. If I do it on any public channel, I can be felt to represent
> my employer on that topic. You seem to be representing LEDE.

No. This is basic netiquette which you are assumed to know *before*
posting to a puvblic mailing list.  You can find it "everywhere" on the
Internet.  One good source is for example this informational RFC:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855

Quoting from "3.1.1 General Guidelines for mailing lists and NetNews" :

    - Assume that individuals speak for themselves, and what they
      say does not represent their organization (unless stated
      explicitly).

Bjørn