[OpenWrt-Devel] Calmer heads than mine...

Daniel Dickinson openwrt at daniel.thecshore.com
Thu May 5 22:01:55 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Sorry for sounding off so much yet again.  I've been trying to interpret
events with a severe lack of information and have unfavourable guesses
and impressions that may or may not be accurate.

I do know that some of the developers have a history of not getting
along, and that has hurt the project.  I also know that there are
members of both sides who are frustratingly obstinate and/or
antagonistic or downright nasty to people they disagree with.

Which is why I'm not sure this rift can be healed.  I think it would be
good if the saner elements (which is not me; I'm not on either side and
I'm too impetuous and ready to make noise) who I think are the majority
from both sides would communicate and come to an agreement that they
imposed on the less reasonable elements of the groups they are currently
part of.

I think the calmer elements have gotten caught up in or the other of the
less reasonable types battles, and that if the calmer elements could get
it together it would benefit the community as a whole

Regards,

Daniel