[OpenWrt-Devel] Introducing the LEDE project

Daniel Dickinson openwrt at daniel.thecshore.com
Wed May 4 23:48:16 EDT 2016

On 16-05-04 04:01 PM, mbm wrote:
> Dear OpenWrt community,
>
> spin off the OpenWrt project in the first place as a way to fix the
> project and its community. Also, the phrases such as a "reboot" are both
> vague and misleading and the LEDE project failed to identify its true
> nature. The LEDE announcement  contains a number of very valid points

Can you be more specific about what you believe is LEDE's 'true nature'?

> which we hoped we had an opportunity to discuss and attempt to fix, in a
> public manner, before this more radical outcome. At this point, the
> email as well as actions taken are very confusing to a lot of us.

This is a guess: perhaps it is connected to the fact that Felix's
nbd at openwrt.org address now bounces, and that actions were taken which
were deemed to be over-the-top by the LEDE team?  Certainly there is a
great deal more doing on that either side is saying in public (which
might be just as well since there seems to be a fair amount of bad
feelings on both sides).

> We do acknowledge there has been internal disagreements, on several
> occasions about some directions of the project, about the release model,
> the lack of testing, the centralized infrastructure, however, there have
> been actual work going on under the hoods to solve things one step at a

Perhaps 'under-the-hood' is the problem.  Did everyone with concerns
know or have insight into what steps were currently being taken and what
was planned, and have planned actions been followed through on, once
*agreed* as a solution?

Also, is the decision making process egalitarian and democratic amongst
those still actively in the project, or are some 'more equal' than others?

Regards,

Daniel