[OpenWrt-Devel] Introducing the LEDE project

Daniel Dickinson openwrt at daniel.thecshore.com
Wed May 4 19:21:17 EDT 2016

On 16-05-04 07:01 PM, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
> On 16-05-04 06:52 PM, Karl Palsson wrote:
>>
>> Daniel Dickinson <openwrt at daniel.thecshore.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Silly question, but can you outline some specific examples of
>>> contributions that an outsider like me has somehow missed as
>>> being as concrete examples of companies contributing back to
>>> openwrt, rather than just benefiting from it?
>>
>> Every commit from me. We're a tiny company who mostly works in
>> userspace, but we occasionally find tings to fix and fix them.
>> This apparently common idea that companies are running around
>> using openwrt and never contributing anything back just doesn't
>> seem to match any sort of reality.
>
> I can't mention specifics, but I've seen it happen, more than once.
> What doesn't seem to be clear is how common one vs. the other is (I mean
> it's not like anyone really seems to be advertising what they are doing
> either way).

It also seems to me (as an outsider) that those who do contribute are
small open-source minded companies, and that's a fairly small pool to
draw from IMO.  Perhaps there is a lot more contributions than most of
us not 'in-the-know' are aware of, but there is a reason for the
impression you mention.

Regards,

Daniel