[OpenWrt-Devel] Introducing the LEDE project

David Lang david at lang.hm
Wed May 4 15:04:47 EDT 2016

It's not unusual for developers who disagree with project management issues to
fork a project.

I am also interested in who is left in OpenWRT and what their viewpoint is.

Have the developers who are founding LEDE given up their commit privileges in
OpenWRT? or are they going to be workting a bit in both for a while?

It will take time to see what effect this is really going to end up having. It
could be a permanent fork, it could be a replacement for OpenWRT, it could be a
dead end, and it could be something that ends up merging back in later.

It's clear that the issues are management, not technical.

David Lang