[OpenWrt-Devel] 15.05.1 - Chaos Calmer DGND3700v1 fails to boot, 15.05 & trunk work fine.

Phil Armstrong phil at kantaka.co.uk
Sat Mar 26 13:27:50 EDT 2016

On 17/03/16 14:00, Phil Armstrong wrote:
> 15.05.1 certainly seems to have bricked my DGND3700v1. A TTL
> serial<->USB adaptor is in the post to see if I can resurrect it.
> cheers, Phil

OK. After some prodding with an ADAfruit FTDI adaptor (works fine on an
rPI, but I get no RX from the board on the DGND3700v1. Hammering on
various keys seems to put it in rescue mode though, so TX must be sort
of working & I can flash a new image via tftp!) I have resurrected this
router.

Having flashed a few images, I can confirm that 15.05.1 fails to boot,
but both OpenWRT trunk as of today boots fine & the original Chaos
Calmer 15.05 image boot fine.

Should I try a build from the head of the 15.05 branch? I haven’t
wrestled with the OpenWRT build system as of yet but I’m willing to give
it a go.

Unfortunately I don’t have any logs at all from the failed boot as (see
above) I can’t get any output from the bootloader over the serial cable.
Any hints on this appreciated.

cheers, Phil