[OpenWrt-Devel] Heightened sensitivity; a solution

Daniel Dickinson openwrt at daniel.thecshore.com
Sun Mar 13 03:26:14 EDT 2016

Hi all,

As you might have noticed I am currently in a state of heightened
sensitivity to things like being ignored and getting only negative
feedback, which does not work when dealing with trying to participate in
getting patches into openwrt at the present time.

So I've come up with a solution.  I have revived an old project of mine
that acts as a wrapper around openwrt, the way openwrt is a wrapper
around other upstream projects.

I've created a git repo that contains a build system that maintains
patches against openwrt and various repos using quilt, and contains the
magic to apply configurations and perform the build from a clean slate.

As an added bonus, the build system contains (and is the default) to
create a GPL compliance tarball which consists of all the sources
against which a given release is built (including openwrt, feeds, and
upstream source tarballs).  This of course assumes your project is open
source.

The repo is here, if anyone is interested in joining in:

https://github.com/cshore/openwrt-quilt.git