[OpenWrt-Devel] LuaJIT Vs Lua and other questions

Anton D. Kachalov mouse at yandex-team.ru
Thu Jun 30 13:34:41 EDT 2016

Hello, Jo.

It looks like almost working PROVIDES mechanism if we rename "lua" to something else and make such packages provides lua/liblua/whatever. But the problem arise with metadata.pl when generating "tmp/.packagedeps" which doesn't handle "vdepends" well. While it tries to handle virtual depends, but doesn't store correct "src" field for the package. So, first source path (it is Lua usually) has been choosen.

Ok, should I make a patch (create Config.in for utils/lua + check CONFIG_ARCH values) to switch between Lua/LuaJIT? Or just open a ticket?

--
Anton D. Kachalov

ITO, Systems Architect
Tel: 7 (495) 739-70-00 ext.7613