[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFD] Future

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Wed Jun 29 16:31:58 EDT 2016

On 06/29/2016 04:55 PM, Imre Kaloz wrote:
> All,
>
> There was an opportunity for a mini-meetup between Felix, Luka and
> myself in Paris. We openly discussed the recent events. We've concluded
> that it would be beneficial to members of both OpenWrt and LEDE to have
> a face to face meeting in the near future.
>
> On that note, we would like to ask all project members to consider this
> invitation as a way to move forward and resolve our issues.

I am against a Face-2-Face meeting. I think not everybody can travel to
some other country for some 100$ on a short notice. For people that do
OpenWrt/LEDE for a living and have their own company or get support form
a company this is probably not problem, but some people have other jobs
beside OpenWrt/LEDE and have to take some days off and then pay the
money for traveling. The purpose of LEDE was to focus more on the community.

I am for a telephone conference like google hangout or this fuze meeting
prpl uses, to make it easy for everybody to participate.

It would be nice to have some more activity on the topic on the
OpenWrt/lede mailing lists we haven't done the IRC meeting to discuss there.

We should also stop telling each other what the other side has done
wrong, but more focus on the future. ;-)

Hauke