[OpenWrt-Devel] How to pass argument while autoloading kernelmodule/driver

Ted Hess thess at kitschensync.net
Tue Jun 28 15:44:40 EDT 2016

> I want to pass an argument to one of the driver, but couldn't found any example for it.
> I know that argument can be passed in /etc/modules.d/<file> but I don't know what should I write and where,

Hi Pratik -

You can add new files and overwrite existing files by putting them in the <buildroot>/files directory path before building the
image. In your case, you want to create <buildroot>/files/etc/modules.d/<file>. It will then end up in the correct place in
<buildroot>/build_dir/<target>/root-xxx/...

See "Custom files" at: https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/build

/ted