[OpenWrt-Devel] imports from LEDE to OpenWrt github repo

Zoltan HERPAI wigyori at uid0.hu
Sat Jun 25 04:47:29 EDT 2016

On Sat, 25 Jun 2016, Mathias Kresin wrote:

> Hi Zoltan,
>
> I've noticed that you have imported a lot of patches from the LEDE repo into
> the OpenWrt github repo.
>
> I'm concerted about the fact that you have omitted at least a few of my
> Signed-off-bys[1][2], so that it isn't any longer noticeable that the changes
> are my work. Even though it may not be legally problematic, but from my point
> of view this is unnecessarily rude.
>
> But where I'm getting really pissed is if someone removes/omits my copyright
> line as it was done in [3] vs. [4]. You might know how much work it is to
> disassemble a bootloader and find what you are looking for in the assembler
> code. Albeit the patch changes only two lines, it wasn't a 5 minute job. Same
> as above, might be legally fine but it's rude.
>
> Would you be please so kind to keep an eye on this in the future and fix at
> least my patches in the OpenWrt github repo!
>
> Mathias
>

> [1]
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/commit/1ea639b8d081bf7ace93e1c4e130615d1684ad5e
> [2]
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/commit/e71983fca5fc9eed5e73a33e678ffcf2a2f9a8e9
> [3]
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/commit/e496316324925a978037f298c7b978ef97e13e7e
> [4]
> https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=blobdiff;f=package/boot/uboot-lantiq/patches/0112-MIPS-add-board-support-for-Arcadyan-VGV7510KW22.patch;h=ccc3505a968edec70d334d68bc46802afd696da6;hp=e46d374dc0e9791c43bcaffee6a86a48a0c19a93;hb=a22feb4c78f51716772738af84180d58bd877c45;hpb=382282eca922e106f5b01597e4676bab8c7176db

Absolutely happy to update the commit(s) - throughout the resync in a few
cases, patches and file changes had to be pulled together because of file
renames and dropped earlier kernel supports which we didn't want to drop,
thus the patches didn't apply anymore at all. Some examples of this was
also seen in the LEDE tree (not more than a few I agree), having said that
the signed-off-by issue was an oversight in this case which I'll fix, and
thanks for bringing attention to this.

Thanks,
Zoltan H