[OpenWrt-Devel] Opkg automatically enable my service just after I install it?

Zhao Zhang zhao.zhang.glacier at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 01:50:00 EST 2016

I'm writing some daemon scripts on OpenWrt trunk, and made a ipk to install.

However, it seems OPKG automatically enable it and run it, even if the
default value controlling enable/disable state of the service in
/etc/config/myconfig is 0, means off. It's wired I never meet this problem
on BB.

The logic of my service is, when installed it doesn't need to start at
once, users should configure values in /etc/config/myconfig than start it
manually.

Could you please tell me how to not let it enabled by default since opkg
document in wiki.openwrt.org seems outdated and I cannot find other
resources?

My default config in /etc/config/myservice is below:

config entry 'setting'
option name ''
option passwd ''
option enabled '0'

My script in /etc/init.d/myservice is below,

#!/bin/sh /etc/rc.common

START=99
STOP=99

start()
{
enabled=`uci get myservice.setting.enabled`
if [ "$enabled" -ne 1 ]
then
rm -rf /var/state/myservice
exit
fi
/usr/bin/myservice 2>>/tmp/thunder_myservice_log &
}

stop()
{
pid=`uci -P /var/state get myservice.pid 2>/dev/null`
if [ `echo -n "$pid" | wc -c` -ne 0 ]
then
if [ "$pid" -gt 0 ]
then