[OpenWrt-Devel] detecting USB sd card removal ("block info")

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Thu Jan 28 05:36:25 EST 2016

Hi Karl,

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 09:31:14AM -0000, Karl Palsson wrote:
> Given that OpenWrt doesn't have a daemon like udisks to
> mount/umount things automatically, I was trying to build it
> myself by something like "block info" in a crontab.

Well, there is mountd which can be used to maintain autofs for
hot-plugable block devices.
It will only mount things when they are actually being accessed
(rather than mounting them once inserted/plugged-in) but at least
unmounting on hot-removal doesn't need any extra care...
I don't know your excact usage scenario, however, it guess that's
already a better place to start from than having a cron-job...

Cheers

Daniel