[OpenWrt-Devel] Monitoring Transmission Buffer Queue Length

Nimantha Baranasuriya nimanthab at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 23:55:51 EST 2016

Hi Everyone,

I am new to OpenWRT. I am able to successfully build the source from
scratch and deploy the image on a router that supports OpenWRT.

I am working on a research project in which we trying to use user-level
measurements (e.g. RTT of packets) to predict how busy the access point is
in handling client traffic. For this purpose, I need to log the number of
frames in the access point's transmission buffer every 100ms. Can someone
please let me know which class(es) I need to modify to get this change
implemented? I presume the right package to look at is mac80211 but I have
not had any luck in figuring out where exactly the tinkering should be done.

Thank you in advance,
Nimantha