[OpenWrt-Devel] optimizing network performance

Roman Yeryomin leroi.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 10:21:38 EST 2016

While trying to optimize ag71xx driver performance I've noticed a
weird thing: NAT performance may vary across reboots.
For example on Archer C7 the difference can be 80Mbps: 440 one boot,
360 another. On AP152 the numbers differ but the difference across
reboots still present.
That is with iperf3, TCP download, 1m average, confirmed environment,
trunk version.

Did someone notice this before? Is this driver specific? MIPS
specific? Something else?

Unfortunately I don't have any other board with gigabit ports I can
test with currently.
Such behavior makes it very hard to test any optimizations.

Regards,
Roman